These days it isn’t just enough to look like a coke bottle. Ladies want to …
There is a popular saying that to look younger we need to eat healthy, have regular exercise, have at least 7 or 8 hours of sleep every night and drink plenty of water. We always want to look our best but as we grow older, our bodies start to slow down and the wrinkles start to appear. Moisturizers and SPF creams are not the only way to avoid wrinkles but other simple lifestyle changes can actually help us to look younger. These are 10 secrets to look younger, radiant and more beautiful:
- Wear Sunglasses: When the sun is shining, always wear sunglasses in order to help prevent many fine lines around your eyes, as well as the forehead lines.
- Sufficient Sleep in the right way: Make sleep a non-negotiable part of your beauty routine.Having a good night sleep of 7 to 8 hours daily gives your body a chance to rejuvenate itself. With the right amount of sleep, you will wake up looking and feeling younger and more refreshed. For an optimal beauty rest, sleep on your back with your head elevated to keep fluid from pooling around your eyes.
- Have Honey in your diet: Natural ingredient helps a great deal. Add more honey in your diet is good for the face. It helps the skin to absorb moisture and look younger.
- Drink Green tea: Drinking a cup of green tea daily will help you to look younger. Green tea provides a powerful dose of protective antioxidants that keeps wrinkles far from your skin and makes you look super young.
- Dress Right:A popular saying goes thus, “Outdated fashions out-dates you”. As your body changes, so should your wardrobe. Avoid baggy clothes and only wear outfits that compliment your body and help hide areas of concern. Try wearing three quarter length sleeves if you have sagging arms. Our skin tone usually becomes lighter and duller with age, so look for outfits with softer colours to better match your complexion.
- Update Your Shoes:Dull, worn and out-of-date shoes reflect the same on your appearance. Keep your shoes updated with the current trends and maintain them to look shiny and new.
- Take Care of Your Skin (especially your hands):To look younger, endeavour to take a few minutes every day for a proper skin care regimen that will cleanse away impurities, exfoliate dead skin cells, hydrate and nourish the newly revealed skin cells, plus an eye gel or cream to target crow’s feet. Proper skin care will help restore that healthy, radiant glow! Similarly, take care of your hands since it can tell more of your age as your face. Apply a hand cream with sun protection (SPF) on your hands and moisturize them daily. Endeavour to use gloves anytime you wash dishes or do any other housework.
- Apply a lip gloss instead of a lipstick: Choose to apply a lip gloss rather than a lipstick because it is one of the easiest ways to create a youthful appearance. Even celebrities know this secret and love using lip gloss compared to the use of lip stick. Try to avoid non-glossy or dull lipstick textures and wear something shiny on your lips instead.
- Lots of water: Be cautious of using hot water! It can strip your skin of a protective layer of oils and leave you high and dry. So turn down the heat on your steamy shower habit and rather take brief, cooler showers in order to give your skin that youthful, dewy look every morning. Drink plenty of water to help keep your skin looking desirable and young.
10. Hair Style: Longer hair can actually make you look tired and worn out. Shorter hair eliminates the dry ends, creates a bouncier look and can improve your overall youthfulness. Consider side swept styles to expose and frame your beautiful face and also consider a layered style to create a livelier, shinier appearance.
What is your secret to looking young? Please share with other members of the Diamond woman community…